I am not a vegetarian, but every once in a while, a meatless meal is a nice treat. This recipe if from the Bison Brewing Blog. This recipe sounded so good, I had to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and in my RSS reader. Plus, it hooked me up with Food & Nosh.
- 4 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 large organic shallot, minced
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups organic wild shrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Bison Organic Chocolate Stout (16 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons organic flour
- 1/4 cup organic heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh organic parsley, chopped
- organic pasta of choice
- salt and pepper
1. Fill a large pot with water, salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta of choice, cook until al dente, strain, set aside.
2. Melt half the butter over medium heat and add the shallot, garlic & onions. Cook until tender. Add mushrooms to the pot, cook until tender.
3. Add the Bison Organic Chocolate Stout (or beer equivalent), and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for about ten minutes.
4. In a separate pot melt the rest of the butter over medium heat. Stir the flour into the butter until absorbed to make a roux. Pour the mushroom mixture into the roux and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and stir until thickened.
5. Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
6. Serve over pasta of choice. Pair with Bison Organic Chocolate Stout! Cheers!